Horizon Homecare Services
The goal of therapy is to empower the patient with life skills to remain in their own home safely. Individualized programs are developed for each patient to ensure objectives are met, barriers are conquered, and independence restored.
Physical Therapy May Include:
- Rehabilitation after surgery
- Strength and endurance training to improve functional abilities with daily activities
- Balance and coordination to prevent or decrease the risk of falls at home.
- Weight bearing exercises as you recover from injuries or surgery
- Strength training and muscle control
Occupational Therapy May Include:
- Kitchen skills to include meal preparation
- Activities of Daily Living
- Use of assistive devices
- Safe techniques for getting in and out of bed/chair
- Upper body strengthening for energy conservation
Speech Therapy May Include:
- Slurred speech and/or swallowing difficulties related to disorders such as stroke, MS, and traumatic injury or surgery
- Cognitive rehab to improve forgetfulness
- Improve communication using strategies to treat receptive or expressive aphasia
Our staff of nurses are highly skilled in all facets of home healthcare. Upon evaluation of the patient, a complete assessment and medical history is obtained while communicating with the physician to ensure a comprehensive Home Health Plan is established. This may include:
- Post-operative care (after surgery)
- Wound care (new or existing)
- Diabetic management
- I.V. Therapy (antibiotics, solumedrol, TPN, hydration, and more)
- Enteral feedings (g-tube, peg tube, NG tube)
- Nutritional instruction
- Disease management (new or exacerbated)
- Medication management (teaching and monitoring)
Personalized Help at Home:
- Maintain your independence
- Remain in your own home with individualized care tailored to meet your needs
- Distant Caring—relatives and caregivers who may live out of the area can stay involved in care
- High quality, affordable care
- Safety and security while at home
Services Available Include:
- Personal care – such as bathing, grooming, dressing
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Shopping & Errands – such as grocery shopping, prescription pick-up
- Light housekeeping (mopping, dusting, laundry, linen change)
- Safety supervision and family respite care
- Range of Motion exercise
- Transportation assistance
- Medication management & reminders
Our compassionate caregivers:
- Undergo reference checks
- Licensed and insured
- Criminal background screenings
- Health physicals
- Additional monthly training
- Supervised by a Registered Nurse.
How Soon Can Services Begin?
Available immediately for short-term or long-term care! Together, we’ll develop a plan that fits your needs.
Our in-home telehealth monitoring program is an easy, convenient and cost effective way to provide daily monitoring of a patient’s Blood pressure, heart rate, weight and oxygen saturation. Telehealth allows early intervention of potential problems and proactive reinforcement of behavior and lifestyle changes . This is a tool that allows us to integrate technology with the personal touch to provide a higher level of patient care. Telehealth benefits include improved clinical outcomes, reduced emergency room visits and decreased re-hospitalizations.
Horizon’s comprehensive Behavioral Health program offers skilled services tailored to meet the specific emotional and medical needs of the patient. This program assists not only those patient’s with a primary mental health diagnosis but also provides support to those individuals struggling to cope with behavioral health issues related to their primary medical diagnosis, such as depression and anxiety. Transitional Issues such as coping with a new environment for those patients moving from home to an assisted living facility are also addressed by our team of Behavioral health Specialists. Our program offers support, education and therapeutic interventions with family and community resources in order to achieve optimal results .
Wound / Ostomy Care
We are constantly striving to find ways to better serve our patients needs. Horizon’s specially trained wound care team does just that. Our Specialty Wound Assessment Team (SWAT) offers patients the benefits of in home care and consultation with our Certified Wound/Ostomy nurse and Wound Care Specialists. Our specialists are the physician’s eyes and ears in the home setting. They perform evaluations and provide recommendations to the doctor for tailored wound care programs that facilitate wound healing and proper care of the ostomy appliance.
Horizon Homecare offers diabetic education and training to our patients that includes emphasis on:
- Proper meal planning
- Home blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin preparation and administration
- Medication effects/side effects
- Sign/Symptoms of complications with appropriate interventions
- Importance skin and foot care
We also partner with local health care providers to offer a monthly “Diabetic Support Group” to the community. Anyone interested is welcome to attend, there is no fee to participate.
Fall Prevention/Balance Training
According to the National Institute of Health, nearly 8 million American adults report having a chronic problem with balance. Horizon’s “Fall Prevention” program goal is aimed at reducing falls in the elderly by improving functional status. Our Physical and/or Occupational Therapists assess the patient in their own environment in order to design a unique plan of care for the individual. The home safety evaluation includes assessment of the patient’s mobility, posture, balance, strength, coordination and function. Therapist will also assess the need for assistive devices or adaptive equipment that may enable our patients to remain active and independent at home.